Pinnacle Placements has been engaged by a preeminent cultural institution seeking an experienced, dynamic leader to oversee all aspects of security functions across the organization. The Director of Security is responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive security, business continuity, emergency preparedness, fire and life safety policy and programs to ensure the safety of staff, guests, assets and property.
- Direct, manage, lead and train proprietary security department staff to provide 24 hour-a-day protection and security. Coordinate security for all public and private events and day-to-day operations in a manner which ensures proper safety and security levels.
- Review, revise and implement changes to business continuity plan, strategic security program, policy and procedures. Oversee security and emergency preparedness drills to educate staff about safety, security, emergency preparedness and response.
- Conduct security, fire and life safety assessments on regular basis. Advise executive management on findings and recommended program changes.
- Consult and collaborate with department heads and staff to review and define security needs to ensure security requirements are met.
- Lead the thorough investigation and reporting of all incidents, accidents, theft, damage, injury or fire. Ensure that all records and reports are distributed, and archived.
- Direct comprehensive and on-going training for security staff and personnel.
- Oversight of existing security systems, technology, CCTV, devices and integration of.
- Prepare, oversee and manage operational budget and payroll.
- Establish, build and maintain effective working partnerships with federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
- BA or BS Degree
- 7 years of active leadership experience in managing security department in a public institution or private sector setting.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to collaborate, negotiate and influence at all levels across a diverse organization.
- High degree of organization with the ability and willingness to prioritize, coordinate and delegate while under pressure
- Customer service mindset, experience or high degree of public interaction
Please forward a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No Relocation Assistance Provided – Only Local Candidates Considered