Pinnacle Placements has been retained by an innovative global business leader, to identify and assist in hiring a Senior Director of IT Cyber security.
This role serves as the senior leader within the IT security function. This position has the responsibility to lead a high performing team that will define an enterprise wide IT security program and risk strategy and provide full oversight, strategic direction and leadership; implement and manage technology and procedures that will mitigate IT-related security risk; oversee security compliance through strategy development, controls, and assessment.
Key responsibilities for this role will be operational and strategic and will require collaboration, relationship building and teamwork with leaders across the enterprise.
Security Policy and Standards
- Develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive IT risk management program with existing IT teams and business units, to ensure the security, integrity, confidentiality and availability of information
- Lead and oversee the execution of an exceptional management process for IT Cyber security policy implementation, practice, tools and framework
Security Operational Efficiency & Training
- Identify key metrics to measure enterprise-wide IT security effectiveness and support program governance
- Create and manage an enterprise-wide IT Cyber security awareness and training program to drive desired security behaviors and outcomes
- Engage all security, business unit and shared services stakeholders to create awareness and alignment on priorities
- Develop a comprehensive IT Cyber security compliance strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Lead the design and operation of compliance monitoring and improvement activities to ensure full compliance with internal, regulatory, and industry specific requirements
- Define, implement and communicate a risk-based process for IT vendor risk management, including the assessment and treatment for risks that result from partners, consultants and outside service providers
Cyber Security Risk
- Create Cyber risk strategy that identifies and defines risk tolerance levels and prioritizes mitigation strategies and activities
- Define the IT Cyber security risk management and threat management approach
The ideal candidate is an innovative thought leader adept at building consensus within a complex organization while integrating solutions, people and processes.
You will need:
- Demonstrated executive level business and technical acumen
- 13+ years of business experience in a combination of IT security, risk management or Information security with 7+ years in a leadership role. Some experience within a global business is preferred
- Experience serving in IT security or cyber security leadership role in a complex organization, preferably with intellectual property component
- Ability to develop and clearly articulate a compelling IT security strategy to key management stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of current and emerging IT Cyber security risks and innovative risk management methods and solutions
- Proficient in web-based applications and programs to edit and create reports, database entries proposals and presentation materials
- Effective leader with the ability to build strong relationships internally with all levels of the organization
One or more of the following certifications
- Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree in information technology, computer science, business administration or a related field is preferred.
- A proactive approach with a sense of urgency
- Proven ability to lead and develop diverse talent, assemble a highly effective team, inspiring those in the organization towards excellence and professional development
- Well-developed collaborative relationship management capabilities. Ability to build strong internal and external networks
- Excellent written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
This fast-paced, growing and innovative environment will offer you a challenging opportunity to have a direct impact on the organizations future. The role offers a generous salary, bonus earnings, a team environment, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunity for professional development and career growth.
Relocation assistance provided for US based candidates.